If you have Medicare, you still have time to select or change your 2017 Medicare plan. Even if you don’t have Medicare, you may be helping a parent or a grandparent find the right plan for him or her. Lisa Ward, Indiana State Sales Director, Humana, shares some valuable information about choosing your 2017 Medicare Advantage plan.
For viewers looking at Medicare Advantage plans, when is the deadline for selecting a 2017 Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug plan?
For most people, the annual election period for choosing a 2017 Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug plan ends on Wednesday, Dec. 7. So, if you haven’t already, now is the time to research your options to find the plan that best suits your health care needs and budget.
What Medicare plan options are available?
Options include Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Prescription Drug, and Medicare Supplement plans.
• Original Medicare provides very basic coverage for medical expenses, but doesn’t cover all costs. For example, many services have deductibles and coinsurance and most prescription medications are not covered.
• Medicare Supplement plans are designed to help pay some of the costs that Original Medicare doesn’t pay– for instance, deductibles and coinsurance.
• Medicare Advantage plans are another choice. Many people find that these plans add value with extra benefits and services. They’re often combined with prescription drug coverage.
• If you select a Medicare Advantage private fee for service plan that does not include prescription drug coverage, you are able to purchase a stand-alone Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
• You may also purchase a stand-alone prescription drug plan if you choose a Medicare Supplement plan. The Medicare Supplement plan will help cover the medical costs original Medicare doesn’t cover and the stand-alone prescription drug plan will help cover the costs of your prescription drugs.
How can you decide which Medicare plan is right for you?
First, review your records to see how much you spent this past year on health care. Next, look at the costs, benefits and network of doctors and hospitals associated with each plan. Viewers can also visit www.medicare.gov for more tips.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premium and member cost share may change on January 1 each year. The provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
Humana Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Humana”) do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
English: ATTENTION: If you do not speak English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-800-552-0771 (TTY: 711).
Español (Spanish): ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-598-1031 (TTY: 711).
繁體中文 (Chinese): 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電1-800-552-0771 (TTY：711).
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY HUMANA