INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Little by little you may be innocently chipping away at the foundation of your family’s health and not even know it. Silently, XX Sugar, salt, bad fats, food colorings, sugar substitutes, preservatives, emulsifiers and antibiotics in the vast majority of processed foods accumulates and slowly creeps up on you. Food is so over-processed that there’s little or no vitamins and nutrients. Get back to eating closer to earth. Our source. Reconnect with earth. Become the best version of yourself by eating less processed food.
What you’ll need for carrot cake salad:
- 6 carrots, shredded (unpeeled)
- 2 apples, shredded (with skin)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbs. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbs. ground flax or chia seed
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped well and drained
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbs. raw honey or maple syrup
In a mixing bowl, combine everything together and gently blend.
What you’ll need for roasted cauliflower:
- 5 to 6 cups cauliflower florets, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter (from 1 medium cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Chopped chives, for garnish
Don’t forget to:
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large sauté pan or a roasting pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cauliflower, and season with the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place the sauté/roasting pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even roasting.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately while still warm.