INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – The Indiana individual income tax rate has been reduced.
According to a release, the income tax rate has been reduced from 3.3. percent to 3.23 percent.
In addition, six counties also changed their county income tax rates which goes into effect on Jan. 1, 2017.
The rate changes include:
- Brown – The rate increased from 0.023955 to 0.025234.
- Jackson – The rate increased from 0.016 to 0.021.
- Jennings – The rate increased from 0.0175 to 0.025
- Noble – The rate increased from 0.015 to 0.0175.
- Tipton – The rate increased from 0.0198 to 0.026.
The rates affect businesses with employees who live or work in any of the counties and have income tax withholding’s.
For more information about the change, click here.
If you have any questions, contact the department at 317-233-4016.