MADISON COUNTY, Ind. (WISH) — Warming centers are open for people who need them in Madison County due to the cold temperatures expected through Friday.
According to the release, Madison County EMA, United Way and other organizations are working together to open and run the centers.
The centers and their hours of operation are below:
- Salvation Army: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. 1615 Meridian Street, Anderson
- Millcreek Civic Center: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. 403 West Main Street, Chesterfield
- The Christian Center: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. 625 Main Street, Anderson
- Geater Community Center: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 611 Chase Street, Anderson
- Community Hospital Anderson: 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. 1515 North Madison Avenue
- People needed overnight shelter should enter in the Emergency Department and check in with security.
Warming centers are drop in areas for people who need to visit during cold temperatures. Registration is not required. Usually only seating is provided.
The warming centers will stay open until Friday when temperatures will begin to climb again.