Have plans for Easter brunch? If not, you might now after seeing what’s on the menu at 1913 Restaurant at the Omni Hotel. Chef Dominique shows us how to make beet cured salmon and explains what goes into brining a ham!
Easter Brunch, 1913 Restaurant, Sunday April 16th, 11-3, $39 adults/ $21 children, complimentary valet
BEET CURED SALMON
Yield: 2.5 Lbs.
Salmon filet, skin on 3 lbs.
Lemon juice 2 Tbs.
Gin 2 Tbs.
Kosher salt 6 oz.
Sugar 6 oz.
Cracked black pepper 1 Tbs.
Grated beets (raw) 1 lb.
Grated horseradish (fresh) ¾ lb.
Dill, chopped 1 oz.
1. Mix lemon juice and gin, brush onto filet.
2. Place filet on cheesecloth.
3. Mix cure ingredients, apply to filet using less on the thin tail part and more on the thick part.
4. Wrap cheesecloth around filet, place on a perforated hotel pan, place a hotel pan on top and place a #10 can on top to use as weight.
5. Refrigerate for 3 days.
6. Brush off cure, let it rest 1 day under refrigeration.
To learn more, visit www.1913restaurant.com.