Did you know? Margarita is the most consumed cocktail in the U.S…. AND… Margarita is Spanish for “daisy”. Jason Foust, Beverage Director at Festiva, shares a few fun facts and makes us a few cocktails, just in time for our Cinco de Mayo celebration!
– The daisy cocktail was allegedly the predecessor to the margarita, but made with brandy
– Cinco de Mayo is recognized only because the tiny Mexican army defeated the French army in 1862, creating a stand in Puebla, Mexico and earning them a David vs. Goliath reputation.
– Our chef from Festiva married into a network of family from Puebla, Mexico.
– Festiva is a traditional Mexican restaurant led by Chef Rachel Hoover and opened by Owners Tom Main and Peter George, who also own Tinker Street Restaurant.
– The Festiva bar program was created and is currently ran by Jason Foust, who started the local chapter of the united states bartenders guild in Indianapolis and now oversees 17 chapters in the midwest. The program at Festiva is highlighted by an extensive list of tequilas and mezcals, fresh made margaritas using seasonal ingredients, and craft cocktails with a focus on traditional Hispanic cocktails with a twist.
To learn more, visit: