WISH-TV is your local home for the Chicago Cubs, so Amber took a short trip to Springfield, Illinois to talk with Dr. Samuel Wheeler, Illinois State Historian, about the new Cubs vs. Cardinals: The Rivalry exhibit.
- Cubs vs. Cardinals: The Rivalry is open at Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum.
- The exhibit showcases 150 years of Cubs – Cardinals rivalry.
- The museum exhibit was developed with the help of both teams and the National Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Interactive exhibits include Home Run Derby video game, share your favorite baseball memories and trivia stations.
- Abraham Presidential Library Museum: Daily 9 am -5 pm (No ticket sales after 4pm.)
- Exhibit Closes Dec. 31, 2017
- Cost: $15 or less
- Special event: Evening with the Creators – Cubs. Vs. Cardinals: The Rivalry May 16, 2017, at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum – Union Theater. Come hear the behind the scene stories of the making of the new temporary exhibit Cubs vs. Cardinals: The Rivalry.
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum is located at 212 North Sixth Street, Springfield, Illinois 62701
We have you covered on the Cubs vs. Cardinals this weekend:
- Saturday, May 13: Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals at 4 p.m. on MyINDY-TV 23
- Sunday, May 14: Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals at 2 p.m. on WISH-TV
Don’t for get to enter online for a chance at a great prize!
Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau has put together a fantastic summer getaway package for one lucky winner.
The package includes:
* One complimentary hotel stay at Wyndham City Centre
* Four (4) tickets to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum
* Four (4) FREE passes to Knights Action Park – Action Splash
* Four (4) FREE passes to Rt. 66 Drive-In
* Four (4) tickets to Lincoln’s Ghost Walk: Legend & Lore.
* Visit Springfield, Illinois for an Always Legendary family fun getaway.
Go to wishtv.com/contests to enter. Good luck!
About Springfield, Illinois:
Abraham Lincoln’s hometown, a stop along Route 66 and the capital of Illinois, Springfield is a vibrant and historic city filled with world-class sites and attractions combined with a friendly small-town atmosphere. No one brings Lincoln to life like Springfield, Illinois. Some of the many historic sites and museums tourists will want to visit include the Lincoln Home National Historic Site, the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, the Old State Capitol, the Lincoln Tomb and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Dana-Thomas House. The iconic Route 66 runs through the center of town.
SPONSORED BY SPRINGFIELD CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU