“Hip Then, Hip Now!” The 2017 Indy Jazz Fest is coming to town, and you’re invited!
The musical festival runs from Sept. 14-23 in venues “All Around Town” featuring performances at historic Madame Walker Theatre, Indiana Landmarks Centerr, The Jazz Kitchen, and the Schrott Center for the Arts at Butler University, to name a few.
- Many concerts are free and family-friendly.
- The sounds of the Hammond B3 organ will be prevalent as part of the IJF Organ Summit — since its inception in the 1950s, the Hammond B3 Organ continues to be one of the most popular keyboard instruments.
- The Fest will also feature the number “100” with events honoring Dizzy Gillespie and Ella Fitzgerald, jazz innovators that at “100” are still guiding forces in the jazz scene.
- This year’s theme is jazz is “Hip Then, Hip Now”
- In regards to IUPUI, there will be a performance at IUPUI Campus Center Atrium on Sept. 16 during the festival — the IUPUI JazzConNEXT, an all ages showcase of the next generation of jazz performers.
Saturday, September 23 – 3 p.m. – 2 a.m.
IJF Block Party 2017
Sponsored by Eskenazi Health, Van Riper Woodard Family Foundation, Printing Partners
The Jazz Kitchen – 5377 N. College Ave.
Yats – 5363 N. College Ave.
Tickets – $40 / $100 VIP
Closing night celebration with music inside and out on the corner of 54th Street and College Avenue. Join us for food, drinks and great music. It’s a party! Adults 21+.
Outside Yats Stage
3 Guitars – Joel Tucker, Charlie Ballantine & Ryan Taylor
Monika Herzig & The Time Flies
Introducing trombonist Ernest Stuart
Bashiri Asad & Xenobia Green
Kevin Anker Experience featuring Tad Robinson
Inside Jazz Kitchen Stage
Scott Routenberg + Mark Buselli
Ella Fitzgerald Tribute – Brenda Williams, Yvonne Allu, Wendy Reid,
& Sandy Lomax
Clint Breeze & the Groove
Steve Allee & Friends
- For more information, tickets and the complete festival lineup, visit www.indyjazzfest.net