INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Friday kicked off the annual WISH Tree drive to bring toys to Hoosier children in need.
This year, the Indy Public Safety Foundation will receive all the donations and distribute them to first responders all over central Indiana. These first responders will give these toys out to children at holiday season events and at crime scenes.
IMPD officials said having these items help make a potentially traumatic situation slightly better and can be a tool to help improve community police relations.
The drive lasts until Dec. 15. There are many locations to drop off your toys, which must be new.
You can drop off toys at these locations:
- 4025 East 82nd Street, Indianapolis
- 3800 East 96th Street, Indianapolis
- 9896 North Michigan Road, Carmel
- 770 North Shadeland Avenue, Indianapolis
- 802 North Shadeland Avenue, Indianapolis
- 13397 Britton Park Road, Fishers
- 2109 E. 53rd Street, Anderson
- 5400 Scatterfield Road, Anderson
- 2115 E. 53rd Street, Anderson
- 5500 Scatterfield Road, Anderson
- 220 East St. Clair Street, Indianapolis
- 12761 Old Meridian Street, Carmel
- 1828 North Meridian Street #205, Indianapolis