INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – While the holidays are a special time of year for many, they can also be an extremely stressful time of time.
Dr. Christina Davis with Christian Theological Seminary stopped by WISH-TV to talk about ways to handle holiday stress.
Here are her 12 tips to relieving stress during the holidays:
- Don’t compromise sleep
- Maintain a routine (knitting, or another repeated activity)
- Enjoy holiday music
- Do more of what you liked about the holidays last year
- Cut out the activities you didn’t enjoy last year
- Enjoy wearing holiday PJ’s in moderation
- Stick to a budget
- Spend time in a nature
- At the end of the day, write down one “good” thing that happened
- Once a day, get away from your desk/work/kitchen
- Rent a funny holiday movie
For more on how to relieve stress around the holidays, click on the video.