INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WISH) — The Indy Bike Hub YMCA has undergone several renovations, including changing its name to the YMCA at the City Market.
It will host a community preview day Jan. 18.
Three stories of the facility have been renovated along with rubber flooring and several new classes, including:
- Wahoo Kickr Training presented by Key Bank – Bring your own bike for powerful instructor-led or app-driven indoor cycle training on an adjustable incline in the new one-of-a-kind Y Cycle Sky Bridge space.
- Ride, Row, Run – Strap on heart-rate monitors and improve your fitness and cardio endurance through intervals on bikes, rowers and self-powered treadmills.
- The Pit – Take the intensity up a notch with a unique combo of cardio and Olympic-style weight lifting. Learn proper lift movement, improve form and gain immense strength.
- MX4 – One of the most effective high-intensity workouts possible, MX4 features time-based circuit exercise to enhance all four pillars of fitness — cardio, power, strength and endurance.
- The Sled – Whether you push, pull or drag the Sled across the room, you’ll feel the benefits of this timeless exercise, gaining strength, speed and balance.
A community day celebration will take place from 5 a.m.-8 p.m. Jan. 18, and guests can tour the facility, try the new equipment, watch demos and speak with trainers and wellness coaches. Food from City Market vendors will be served in the evening.