The man told firefighters an electrical cord from a space heater was run under a chair and caught fire.
The Cass County Sheriff’s Office is working with Crime Stoppers in an effort to solve a 28-year-old cold case.
Police reached out on social media to find the owners of a cat that was badly hurt when he was struck by a car.
Investigators say the fire started in the basement and was electrical and accidental.
“She’s one of us. She’s one of the guys,” said Pacers center Roy Hibbert.
The war hero wanted to return to the Cambodian border, just 60 miles west of Saigon, where he was stationed in 1967-1968.
One letter tells the government to “let Glenda Ritz do her job.”
At one point, more than 40 dogs were seized from Randy Sanders’ property.