She’s used to being a star athlete on the court, but now former WNBA player Shyra Ely-Gash is trading in hoops for heels! As part of her own personalized fashion business, Shyra is helping style athletes and coaches in the WNBA, NBA and other leagues. Part of Shyra’s message is to show young girls that they can be and do whatever they set their minds to do! See her “before and after” transformations!
Shyra is also this year’s NCAA Brand Ambassador for the 2016 Women’s Final Four in Indianapolis. For the first time for NCAA women’s basketball, the three women’s divisions, I, II and III will play their championship games in one city in the same tournament and in the same venue (Bankers Life Fieldhouse). Indiana was selected as the first city to host this event.
There will be a number of events during the Final Four weekend:
- Tourney Town – free fan festival in the Indiana Convention Center on Friday, April 1 through Sunday, April 3
- 4Kay Run – a 5K run to honor legendary women’s basketball coach at North Carolina State, Kay Yow, and the Kay Yow Cancer Fund
- The Bounce presented by Coca-Cola – free event for kids under 18 on Saturday, April 2 which begins at Bankers Life Fieldhouse and ends at Tourney Town
- Youth Clinics presented by Coca-Cola – free clinics hosted around the city
- Super Saturday – free open practice day at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- Public tickets go on sales Friday, Nov. 13. All-session ticket prices for Division I (all three games) start at $75 for the balcony and start at $225 for the lower level
- All-session ticket prices for Division II and III (two games) are $5