Ever tried Paleo cooking? Don’t let the name scare you. Today on Indy Style, Artie Stevens IV of Artie’s Paleo OnTheGo, explains how Paleo cooking can be packed with nutrients and also taste. Together with Mel McMahon of Indiana Originals and Pastry Chef Amanda, Artie makes:
1. Chimichurri flank steak lettuce wraps with Thai chili roasted sweet potatoes, sauteed onions and bell peppers topped with our cilantro lime salsa and homemade guac.
2. Rosemary/maple/mustard seared pork tenderloin medallions with our signature honey/vanilla mashed sweet potatoes and a savory herb apple/onion compote.
IndianaOriginals.com is your search engine for independent businesses owned and based in Indiana. What started as a personal lists of favorite entertainment spots, restaurants, professional services and more has turned into a growing, statewide directory of locally owned and operated businesses that are headquartered in Indiana.
Every business on IndianaOriginals.com is:
• Indiana-owned and operated
• Headquartered in Indiana
Businesses you won’t find on IndianaOriginals.com:
• Franchises headquartered outside of Indiana
• Direct Sales Reps for businesses headquartered outside of Indiana
Studies consistently show that independent businesses return three to five times more money to their local communities than chains based out of state. By trying out and supporting businesses listed on IndianaOriginals.com and on our app, you are helping create stronger, healthier communities and more jobs.
Artie Stevens IV
• Artie Stevens IV is a Christian, husband, father, chef and a CrossFitter who loves to connect with people through great food. After his wife, Erica, and he participated in their first Paleo challenge, it was clear that there was a need for people to be able to get real food with convenience. They kicked around the idea of offering a paleo service so that people would be able to branch out past the usual chicken and broccoli. Right after Stevens got married in March of 2012, Artie’s Paleo OnTheGo was born, and it has been expanding ever since.
Artie’s Paleo OnTheGo
• Artie’s Paleo OnTheGo is a service that is being provided in the Indianapolis area for people who desire to fuel their temple. Stevens believes that the key to eating healthy is just as much about application as it is knowledge. The Paleolithic diet (aka paleo diet) is centered on commonly available modern foods, the “contemporary” Paleolithic diet consists mainly of fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, vegetables, fruit, roots, and nuts, and excludes grains, legumes, dairy products, salt, refined sugar, and processed oils.
To learn more, visit:
• Facebook link: www.facebook.com/artiespaleoonthego
• Twitter Link: @artiesonthego
• Instagram Link: @artiesonthego
• Website: www.artiesonthego.com
• Facebook link: www.facebook.com/indianaoriginals
• Twitter link: @indoriginals
• Instagram link: @indoriginals
• Website: www.indianaoriginals.com