When it comes to keeping those precious tresses shiny and hydrated for the summer, treating your locks can become a little tedious. You may think you’ve run out of options and tried every product in the book to help; however, your hair is still suffering from dryness, UV-rays, and never ending split ends. Lifestyle expert Karina Reske tells us about a few essential hair care products to ensure your hair stays healthy and moisturized throughout the summer months!
Tips on How to Revive your Summer Hair:
• Try to avoid heat styling with curling irons or straighteners. However, if you do use these styling tools, apply a UV protectant spray to guard your hair against heat and harmful UV rays.
• Take the summer off from touching up highlights if possible and let the sun do the job naturally. If you want an extra boost of brightening, try using products such as lemon or even some bottled beer to get the job done.
• Double your hydrating treatment regimen in summer months. The hotter it gets, the more your locks will be begging for moisture.
• Cut down your wash days to twice a week. For more hydration, apply dry shampoo at night so your hair can absorb oil as you sleep.
• Use deep conditioner at least once a week to retain moisture.
• In order to avoid dryness, try DIY hair masks with ingredients you may already have at home such as Avocado Coconut Oil Honey, Olive Oil Honey, Banana Honey Yogurt, or Coconut Oil.
• Be gentle and avoid brushes with plastic bristles; you want to use hair brushes with boar bristles, which is why The Wet Brush is such an essential to have.
Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray
Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray creates natural, effortless beach waves while adding extra definition and provides the utmost texture to already curly hair or straight, fine strands. This product is infused with Hydrolyzed Silk and Provitamin B5 to protect your hair while reviving moisture and shine. As an added bonus, Dream Waves Beach Spray also has powerful UV Protectors that absorb ultraviolet light to save your locks from harmful sun exposure, color-fade, and dehydration. For best results, spray evenly over damp or dry hair and scrunch to amplify wavy texture. Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray (125 mL/4.2 fl. oz) is available for purchase at Ulta Beauty for $8.99 and Walgreens for $6.99.
Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Deep Moisture Milk Souffle
Frizz and fly-aways can put a damper on your daily haircare routine, especially after a long, hot day at the beach. Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Deep Moisture Milk Souffle can help even the most stubborn frizz by nourishing your hair for lightweight, luminous, hydrated locks. This soufflé is infused with Sunflower and Shea Butter and its moisture boosting formula delivers smoothing power, plus milk protein that is sure to repair your hair in no time. It’s ideal for daily use on all hair colors and types. On damp hair, apply a small amount to towel and spread evenly then comb and style as desired. On dry hair, apply a small amount to styled hair to protect from heat damage and revive moisture. On wet hair, apply soufflé and comb using The Wet Brush and leave in for 15 minutes. Rinse hair, shampoo and condition. Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Deep Moisture Milk Souffle (12.0 oz) retails for $13.99 at https://designessentials.com.
The Wet Brush Original Detangler and Shine Brush
Brushing unhealthy hair can be a task within itself. The Wet Brush will be the only hairbrush you’ll need for your tangled, dry hair. No matter what kind of hair type you have – long, short, straight, curly, thin or thick – this product will brush your locks with ease and pain free. This brush specifically prevents breakage and provides a non-slip handle, giving you more control. As an added bonus, The Wet Brush is also designed with Mongolian Boar and Intelliflex bristles to distribute your hair’s natural oils, which restores smoothness and shine. This product is sold in different themes and patterns such as Floral Pink and Hipster Aztec to make your hair-brushing experience a little more colorful. The Original Detangler and Shine Brush retails for $19.99 on http://www.thewetbrush.com/index.php/. Other options include The Original Detangler retailing for $9.99, and The Baby Brush retailing between $4.99-$8.99.
Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Intense Shine Oil Mist
Having to constantly worry about your post-summer locks becoming too brittle and damaged from the sun can get very old very quickly. Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Intense Shine Oil Mist wipes those worries away, soothing dry, brittle hair and leaving your locks feeling more conditioned and nourished than ever before. This product is infused with Sunflower and Vitamin E that strengthens your locks and mends split ends preventing breakage and providing the utmost hydration. Plus, it’s packed with protectants that help shield your hair from damaging elements while revitalizing the shine. For best results, hold bottle at least 6-8 inches away from your head and spray mist evenly to damp or dry hair. This product is not to be used on fine hair. Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Intense Shine Oil Mist (4.0 oz) retails for $13.99 on http://designessentials.com.
To learn more about Karina Reske, visit www.karinastylediaries.com.