House fire forces Plainfield family out of home on Thanksgiving morning

House fire forces Plainfield family out of home on Thanksgiving morning. (WISH Photo)
House fire forces Plainfield family out of home on Thanksgiving morning. (WISH Photo)

PLAINFIELD, Ind. (WISH) – A fire forced a Plainfield family out of a home on Thanksgiving.

It happened just before 2 a.m. near Center Street and Stanley Road.

Fire officials had to cut a hole in the roof for ventilation.

Officials said they had the fire under control in about 15 minutes.

Investigators said it may have started in a wood-burning stove.

There is no word on injuries.

This is a developing story. Check back at WISHTV.com and click on this story for updates.