INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — During the joyous holidays you’re naturally going to excessively devour delicious goodies in the name of tradition, not your health. When you need your immune system the most, your department of defense and digestion also take a thrashing from less sleep, more stress and cocktailing. Between buffets promote good digestion and support your immune system with occasional breakfasts of Steele cut oats and fresh cranberries.
What you’ll need for creamy oats:
- 3 cups almond, hemp, or coconut milk (not the canned coconut milk version, however)
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup steele cut oats (Not instant)
- 2 Tbsp. honey or stevia to taste
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup walnuts or pecans, roughly crushed
Don’t forget to:
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil.
- Then add in 1 cup oats, plus a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Once water returns to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover, but leave the lid tilted.
- Keep stirring frequently and avoid overcooking /scorching.
- Pour into bowls and top with cranberry sauce, walnuts or pecans.