It was the only home that former President Abraham Lincoln ever owned. Take a trip back in time to historic Springfield, IL, with a visit to Lincoln Home Historic Park. Amber gives us a preview of what we can expect:
About the Lincoln Home:
- Lincoln Home National Historic Park
- Daily tours 8:30 – 5pm (last tour at 4:30pm)
- The home was built in 1839.
- The Lincoln’s (Abe, Mary Todd, and Robert) moved in to the home in 1844.
- October 9, 1972 – President Richard Nixon signed the legislation authorizing the establishment of the Lincoln Home as a National Historic Site.
- Three of Lincoln’s four sons were born and one died in this house.
- Located in the four-block National Historic Site.
- Contains furnishing appropriate to the period when occupied by the Lincolns, including some pieces original to the Lincoln family.
- The only national historic site in the state of Illinois.
- For more information, visit www.visitspringfieldillinois.com
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY SPRINGFIELD CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU