Victim ID’d in fatal Tipton fire

Photo of Tipton house fire on Nov. 7, 2017. (Provided Photo/Tipton Police Department)

TIPTON, Ind. (WISH) — Officials have identified the man who died in a Tipton fire Tuesday morning.

62-year-old Gregory Watson died following a fire inside residence in the 100 block of Third Street just after 12:30 a.m.

The fire was believed to be started due to an internal failure of a relocatable power strip.

An autopsy ruled the cause of death to be accidental due to smoke inhalation.