She’s the winner of Food Network’s “Holiday Baking Champion,” and now Chef Maeve Rochford is showing us some delicious and easy holiday baking recipes, as well as sharing some great professional tips and tricks to help home bakers take their holiday treats to the next level!
Currently, Chef Maeve is partnering with Finlandia Imported Butter, the premium butter brand recognized for its superior taste and quality. Crafted using pure, wholesome milk from family-owned farms in Finland, Finlandia Imported Butter is now on shelves at Kroger Supermarkets throughout your area, and features a rich, creamy flavor, perfect for all of your viewers’ holiday baking needs!
HOLIDAY BAKING TIPS
- Always start with fresh, high-quality ingredients.
- Check the temperature of your butter – some recipes will call for room temperature and some ice cold.
- To store Butter at room temperature for days, place your butter in a zip lock and submerge in room temperature water.
- Don’t over mix – you’ll excite gluten and have tough cookies!
- Prep in advance- Holidays are the time when everyone is stopping over last minute – Prep Butter cookies and freeze- bake off in 10 minutes to welcome unexpected guests
- When a recipe calls for frozen butter cubed, take refrigerated butter and cut into cubes using a hot knife- spread out on parchment and freeze – 10 minutes later, you will have perfect butter cubes!
Winter White Cookies
Courtesy of Chef Maeve Rochford and Finlandia Imported Butter
(Makes about 24 cookies)
PREP TIME: 20 minutes/20 minutes freeze time
COOK TIME: 15-18 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 55 minutes
4 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cream of tartar
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
12oz salted Finlandia Imported Butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Mix salted Finlandia Imported Butter and sugar until combined
- Add in cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add one egg at a time until all three have been added
- Slowly add flour
- Add white chocolate chips in three or four rotations – be sure not to over mix because it will cause your chips to break up
- Scoop using a small ice cream scooper or a large spoon and place each ball on parchment paper on a sheet tray
- Roll each ball in cinnamon sugar and form into thick patties
- Place in freezer
- Once hard and frozen, put immediately into a hot oven
- Place the dough in oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees
To learn more, visit www.FinlandiaCheese.com.