INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – An adult and a child were killed in a fire on the city’s south side Friday evening.
The fatal fire occurred at a residence in the 700 block of East Terrace Avenue just before 11 p.m. from an unattended space heater.
52-year-old Jeff Sullivan and his 10-month-old grandson both died as a result of the fire.
It is believed Sullivan and another man were watching the children while their mother ran errands.
Two neighbors attempted to come through the back door in a rescue attempt, but were pushed back from the heat.
A 4-year-old boy was transported Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health and is in extremely critical condition as a result of the fire.