LUFKIN, Texas (KETK) – An East Texas woman picked up her seventh arrest of 2017 and her fourth arrest in the past week on Tuesday.
According to the Lufkin Police Department, Laricia Young, 30, was arrested on charges of public intoxication and resisting arrest following a disturbance call in the 700 block of Moore Avenue.
Around 11:30 a.m., while officers were en route to the scene, a caller contacted dispatch to report Young was armed with a machete.
When officers arrived, they got the machete away from, however, police say she continued to yell and scream incoherently.
Young was taken into custody.
As an officer attempted to place Young in the backseat of the patrol vehicle, Young reportedly kicked him in the face. Once she was in the back of the unit, officials say Young began pointing her finger at the officer, saying “bang.”
Young was booked into the Angelina County Jail on $2,000 bond.
Young has had numerous run-ins with local law enforcement, having been previously arrested for the following since 2009:
- Burglary of building
- Child 4-16 years not secured by safety belt
- Display expired license plates
- Drove without lights when required
- Fail to control speed
- Fail to give information/render aid
- Fail to report change of address
- Failed to maintain financial responsibility
- Motor vehicle inspection violation
- No driver’s license (when unlicensed)
- Operate unregistered motor vehicle
- Ran stop sign
- Unrestrained child under 5 years
- Aggravated assault
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Disorderly conduct
- Display fictitious license plate
- Leaving a child in a vehicle
- Parked and failed to set brakes
- Parent contributing to nonattendance
- Possession use inhale/ingesting volatile chemical
- Assault/family violence