Drum roll please………….. the winner of the 2016 Brackets for good is……….. The Joseph Maley Foundation!! The victory was clenched on Friday over IndianaFIRST with a score of 30,867 to 15,401. The organization was also the top scorer in BFGIndy with raising $75,535 plus the grand prize of $10,000. Indianapolis led all markets with over $436,000 raised in #BFG16!
About the Joseph Maley Foundation:
* Serving children of all abilities.
* In an effort to work towards our mission, the Joseph Maley Foundation offers programs that engender compassion and respect for the diversity of life.
* JMF served more than 20,000 children of all abilities with our nine programs in 2015.
* The JMF Disability Awareness Program was established in 1999 to help dispel perceptions others may have of people living with disabilities. We tailor this program to meet specific needs of an organization, school, or classroom. DA encompasses curriculum, which meets all Indiana Department of Education standards, for Pre-K through 8th-Grade students. The full program teaches students about a myriad of disabilities.
* DA is supported by our Kids on the Block Puppet Troupe. Eighth-graders, from a number of Indianapolis-area schools, use child-sized puppets to teach younger students awareness and acceptance.
* KOB travels to local schools, events, and youth organizations to perform skits and facilitate Q&A sessions between the audience and the puppets. Topics include: Autism, Bullies/School Safety, Cerebral Palsy, Childhood Cancer, Children’s Mental Health/ADHD, Down Syndrome, Hearing Impairments, Learning Disabilities, Siblings with Disabilities, Spina Bifida, Visual Impairments.
To learn more, visit www.indianapolis.bfg.org.
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY BRACKETS FOR GOOD