Tired of burgers, brats and dogs? How about going “under the sea” with Bonefish Grill? Chef Brian Newlin shows us how to prepare fresh Walleye with a flavorful Citrus Aioli + Shrimp topping! Chef Brian says the dish can be paired with cocktails that enhance their delicious summertime flavors – a Strawberry Rosé Martini and Fresh Watermelon Martini, featuring refreshing hand-muddled watermelon, fresh sour mix and house-made English cucumber vodka infusion, garnished with frozen watermelon cubes.
Grouper with Citrus Aioli + Shrimp topping
o 2 7 oz. Grouper Fillets
o 6 each 16/20 count Shrimp, Peeled and deveined with tail on
o 2 each Bamboo Skewers, 8” long
o 1 TBSP Blackening Spice
o Pinch of Sea Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
o 5 Spritz of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
o 1 Whole Lemon, Cut in half
o 2 TBSP Citrus Aioli
1. Fire up the grill to 400°F.
2. Place the fish and shrimp on a flat tray.
3. Place three shrimp on each skewer through the thick, head end. (This will make them easier to handle)
4. Sprinkle both sides of the fish and shrimp with blackening spice, sea salt, and black pepper. Ensure both sides have been evenly coated.
5. Spray the hot grill with extra virgin olive oil. Spray the fish and shrimp as well.
6. Place the fish on the grill at 2 o’clock position and cook 1-2 minutes. Use a spatula to rotate the fish to 10 o’clock position. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
7. Flip the fish over carefully and repeat step 6.
8. After flipping the fish, place your shrimp on the grill. Grill each side for 1-2 minutes.
9. Place the lemon halves on the grill for 1-2 minutes until they have light caramelization.
10. Transfer the fish, shrimp, and grilled lemons to a serving platter.
11. Drizzle each fish fillet with 1 TBSP of citrus aioli. Plate each fish with a grilled lemon half and serve immediately.
Ingredients for Citrus Aioli:
o 2 Garlic Cloves
o 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
o 1 Cup Mayonnaise
o 1 Orange
o 1 Lime
Directions for Citrus Aioli:
1. Mince the garlic cloves.
2. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a small sauté pan until hot.
3. Sauté the garlic 30-60 seconds or until soft and translucent.
4. Allow the sautéed garlic to cool to room temperature.
5. Zest the orange and lime. Next, juice the orange and Lime.
6. Combine the cooled garlic, orange zest and juice, lime zest and juice, and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
7. Whisk well to fully combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Fresh Strawberry Rosé Martini
Your favorite Rosé 1 bottle
St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur 1 oz.
Fresh squeezed lemon juice ¾ oz.
Simple Syrup ¾ oz.
Whole Strawberries 3 each
Blackberries, as needed 1-2 each
Raspberries, as needed 2-3 each
• In a martini shaker, or pint glass, drop in 3 whole strawberries that are de-stemmed.
• Add a blackberry or two for a darker, more savory flavor.
• Add raspberries for a brighter, slightly sweeter martini.
• Then add simple syrup to your pint glass.
• Muddle your fresh fruit and simple syrup until puree-like.
• Add ice to the top of your glass and top with Rose, St. Germain liqueur, fresh squeezed lemon juice.
• Shake thoroughly until martini is icy cold.
• Strain through a fine mesh strainer in to a martini glass.
• Garnish with your fresh berries.
Wild Salmon Simply Grilled With Mango Salsa
o 2 each 7 oz Wild Salmon Fillets
o 1 tsp. Sea Salt
o 1/2 tsp. Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
o 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
o 1/2 tsp. Celery Salt
o 3 Spritz of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
o 1 Whole Lemon, Cut in half
o Fire up the grill to 400°F.
o Place Salmon Fillets on a flat tray.
o Combine Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Smoked Paprika and Celery Salt in small mixing bowl. Mix well.
o Sprinkle both sides of Salmon with seasoning mix. Ensure Salmon has been coated evenly.
o Spray hot grill with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Spray Salmon Fillets as well.
o Place Salmon on grill at 2 o’clock position and cook 1-2 minutes. Use spatula to rotate fish to 10 o’clock position. Cook additional 1-2 minutes.
o Flip Salmon over carefully and repeat step 6.
o Place Lemon Halves on the grill for 1-2 minutes until light caramelization.
o Squeeze a little bit of Lemon Juice onto the Salmon just before finished cooking. Save Lemons to garnish plate.
o Transfer Salmon Fillets to plate and garnish with Grilled Lemon Halves. Serve immediately.
Ingredients for Mango Salsa:
o ½ Cup Red Onions – diced (1/4” x 1/4”)
o 1 Cup Ripe Mango – diced (1/4” x 1/4“)
o ¼ Cup Red Bell Peppers – diced (1/8”x1/8”)
o 2 Tbsp. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Directions for Mango Salsa:
o Peel and dice red onion (1/4”X1/4”).
o Peel, seed, and dice Mango (1/4”X1/4”).
o Stem, seed, and dice red bell peppers (1/8” x 1/8”).
o Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss to coat evenly.
o Spoon ingredients into aluminum foil and gather the foil at the top to create a pouch.
o Place foil on the grill while grilling the fillets.
o Carefully remove foil from the grill with a pair of tongs, as it will be hot!
o Carefully open the foil with a sharp knife; be careful, as hot steam will escape foil pouch when opening. Use while warm by spooning dollops over Salmon fillets.
The Fresh Watermelon Martini
Your Favorite Vodka 1.5 oz.
Cucumber Slices 2 each
Fresh Watermelon 2 cubes
Simple Syrup .25 oz.
Fresh Sour Mix .50 oz.
• Combine the watermelon cubes, cucumber slices and simple syrup in a glass and muddle well.
• Add your favorite vodka, and fresh sour mix.
• Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass!
• Garnish with frozen watermelon cubes or a fresh cucumber slice.
To learn more, visit www.bonefishgrill.com.